Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Life in the Bubble (erm, I mean Provo)

Yes, it's official! I reside now in the beautiful Provo, Utah! :D Technically, I moved in last Saturday but I only just got my internet all set up.  A much more aurduous task than I thought it would be. Thank goodness for online help people! :D

So, I believe some pictures are in order....


Ta da! My room! Complete with the ridiculously high bed that all college apartments seem to come with. :]


My desk. Needless to say, I love it. Thank you Ikea!
 

A closer look at the dragon drawing I had Kaitlin do for me on the white board. Pretty much the wizard on the cloud turned the villager's cat into a dragon and is now trying to roast the knight. :D
 

My favorite shelf on my desk. :] I love you buddy! *mwaahaa!*


The awesome pictures of my relatively quirky family. ;]


Okay...maybe they're really quirky. :D haha, I LOVE those pictures! And my cork board as well of couse. :]


The spacious closet. No, really. I even had room to take all my winter clothes and billions of printed tees...


The quotes that our family quotes. A lot.  Thanks Rissy for documenting them on my other white board!


I was way bored on Sunday (no roommates to speak of yet) so I made some double chocolate oatmeal cookies! Making them by hand was way more fun than I thought it would be. Hopefully I burned some of that sugar I ate. Its a work out. :D


The finished product! :D So I totally forgot to half the recipe so I have cookies coming out my ears....3 dozen of them. Come to Provo....I have cookies. :D


My first hot meal. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I baked a frozen, pre-cooked chicken patty in the oven successfully! :P


We just put up these curtains today. I love them! All credit goes to my mom and her ninja sewing skills.


More pictures of the apartment. Here's the kitchen...


...and here's the living room. I know its a crappy picture, but I couldn't fit everything in. The wall was in the way. :]


...and here's the sinks. Those flowers are mine. So's that arm holding the camera in the mirror... :}
 

Let me introduce you to Bosco and Charlie. Unfortunately, they are the first guinnea pigs in my attempt to sustain life other than my own. I wish them both luck.


And there's the end of my rather long, rather picturey introduction to my new life at BYU. I'm sooo excited for school to start on Monday and I hope that Provo ends up liking me as much as I like it. :] 

1 comment:

  1. 1) I love your header thing!
    2) Your font is awesome!
    3) So are you!
    4) I love your apartment!
    5) You're so lucky you have a kitchen!
    6) I got really excited when I saw you updated your blog!
    6 1/2) I got even MORE excited when I saw it included pictures!
    7) You're amazing. :)

    Miss ya already! Wish I had some of those cookies right now... 8D

    Love,
    Kylee

    ReplyDelete