But anywho! This post is supposed to be happy! Everyone has been doing reflections on 2014, and I've never felt particularly motivated to do one of those until this year--last year? Whatever, you know what I mean.
2014 was truly life changing. Like, in at least four life-changing ways. Let us recount:
Film Program!
Teeeechnically I was accepted right after finals December 2013...but I started classes in January. Can you believe I've been in the program for a whole year now? Sheesh! Well, basically I've been thinking about film (as a career) since senior year of high school, but I finally got up the guts to apply and make the switch. Thanks Valene for threatening your disappointment and motivating me to do the work! It paid off and now I am enjoying what might very well be the best major on earth. Sprinkled with English classes, of course. ;]
But really, the film program is one of the best things to happen to me. It's a relatively small major, so the professors can really get to know you, and you really get to know your fellow classmates. I went from one of the biggest majors to one of the smallest (smaller? I don't actually have any data on this subject) and I've really loved it. My professors are brilliant and my classmates have become some of my closest friends. They are my people and we shall make moving picture art together. :D
Also, I took a screenwriting class last semester which has really boosted my desire to write for a living and my belief that I could actually feasibly do that. We'll still see, but I loved every minute of this class and its endless assignments.
...you guys are lucky. It's late, and I'm feeling like enough time has passed that I can safely post my application video. (Part of the application to the program was to make a video demonstrating your skills). I would like to assure people that I can now make better videos than this, but I'll admit that I'm pretty proud of this. I was so afraid of the camera and actors and everything that I decided to make a stop motion based on an ASL poem that I saw in class. Yes, I did all the sound and sculpting and everything--a requirement for the application. I better upload it before I change my mind.
London!
Being accepted to the film program leads nicely into my second life-changing event! London Film study abroad, of course! Besides being exposed to the cultural goodness of London and its theaters, gardens, and museums, I became a braver person. I've always been an anxious traveler...call it uncontrollable separation anxiety from the familiar. But I can quite confidently that I've made significant progress in overcoming my anxieties! Much traveling and bumps along the road were to be had, and I survived! Also, I have a whole blog on this experience with pictures and videos, so I won't recount all the wonderful experiences I had -- http://mandalondoner.blogspot.com/
I also became very close friends with some people on study abroad (you know who you are...) and I'm still friends with them, which is wonderful and amazing and I love you all so much!
This is for you Londoners...
ALDEN!!
BABY BABY BABY!!! :D My handsome little nephew was born in October, and I can pretty much guarantee that I was THE most excited aunt/uncle. He's extremely adorable and I would pretty much do anything for him.
And now for the pictures.
Haha! That last picture is usually the look I get. He can be very serious, especially when it comes to sleep. This is just a sampling of the pictures I have, but I feel this is adequate for you to get a feel for his cuteness. I can't believe he's over two months old already! Valene and Matt are great parents and he is going to be / already is one great kid. :]
KERTLERN. (Trans. Kaitlin)
I started living with my sister, Kaitlin this last semester and it has been so much fun. Too much fun. Just the right amount of fun? Many shenanigans have been had. And by shenanigans, I mean laying on our beds on our respective laptops, making faces at one another. And eating popcorn and rice stuff. :D Also, we went to SLC Comic Con together and bought t-shirts and posters and now our bedroom is a haven of geekiness and comfort. Observe.
Kaitlin and I also both work for Independent Study (me as a corrections assistant, her as an editor) and it's pretty much the best. We message each other, me being in the next room down the hall, and share music and just generally distract each other from work WHAT I mean give each other motivation to make it to quitting time. We really do love our work though. :D Thanks for making it awesome, Kaitlin.
Hmmm...I'm sure there are many wonderful, amazing, growing experiences I'm forgetting from the pretty amazing year of 2014, but quite frankly it's past my bedtime.
....also I've started this period drama from Spain on Netflix, and I really just want to know what happens next. :D
Love you all! Maybe one of my New Year's resolutions will be to blog more!

.jpg)













No comments:
Post a Comment